Friday, January 27, 2012

Are fig leaves edible or poisonous?

I don't know, why would you want to eat the leaves? Put a pile of them around a horse or pig and see if they eat them, that will tell you if they are ok or not.



Animals still have the ability to detect if something is good or bad, we used too.



Typically sweet is good and bitter is bad. Humans would eat a bite or two of something then wait to see if it effected them bad when we were cavemen.

Are fig leaves edible or poisonous?
I actually have the same question. My parents have a large fig tree next to their house, and my mother has been puppy-sitting for me. She thinks it's hilarious that my little 8-pound dog goes nuts for these leaves - she prances around with one in her mouth, then settles down and shreds it. It actually makes her breath smell sweet, but I am nervous the leaves may be poisonous.


No comments:

Post a Comment