Monday, January 30, 2012

I have a fig tree that wont grow no bigger than 2 feet.how do i care for it?

There are different varieties of fig bushes. I have several in a small group that have been there through at least three generations of my family. They are the large variety, that is they produce large fruit. We think they are the best, but I don't know the name of them. As we are on a farm, we have in the past used fertilizer from the horse barn and later commercial fertilizer. If you use chemical fertilizer, I suggest that you use 8-8-8- as it is not too strong and you should sprinkle it around the bushes not to thickly. I would say a teacup full thinly around each bush would be fine. Keep vines and weeds away from the bushes. I have a problem with wild honeysuckle that attempts to choke my bushes. Depending on your rainfall, you may need to water also. Make a judgment call on this. If you purchased the bush maybe you can find out what variety it is. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment