Monday, January 9, 2012

Clippings from Creeping Fig?

Can you start new growth from clippings of Creeping Fig? If so, is there a recommended size for the clipping? Can I just plug it into the ground and get new growth?

Clippings from Creeping Fig?
Actually, I use them as a background cover in many of my vivariums (terrariums that have frogs as well) and I have had success with having as few as 3 nodes on my plants. Stick one end in the soil (preferably atleast one node underground) given sufficent humidity, the will root in no time. In case you are not sure, look underneath the plant, nodes are usually bumps right at the junction of the leaves, If there are no visible bumps, strip off the bottom row of leaves and plant where the leaves were below the soil. This area will usually contain nodes even if you cant see them.
Reply:6" or so is a good size, usually. I have started them in terraria, then transplanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment